Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Snow Day - Not to Be

Today would have been the perfect day for a snow day. We got 9" of snow ovenight (and another inch this morning). I really wanted to take a snow day. Unfortunately, Amy is covering the help desk this week while a couple of people are off at training, and _had_ to be there. And there was no way for me to convince the people at work that I couldn't make it in when she did. So, instead of shoveling out to go play in the snow we shoveled out to go to work.

The silver lining of the day is that I got a surprise - a bonus for all the work I did on the upgrade/implementation over the last 2 1/2 years. I really wasn't expecting it. And to top that off I'm not going to have to spend as much time working next weekend as I expected so there should be time for snowshoeing.

No comments: