Friday, January 23, 2009

Princeton Friends Meeting

Pictures of Princeton Friends Meeting's Stonybook Meetinghouse taken during my December visit. The meeting house was first built in 1726 and rebuilt in 1760. It's a lovely old building and each December morning when I have visited there has been a welcoming fire in the fire place.

click on pictures to view them larger
MtgHouse7
Note that the bags on the porch are not trash, but clothing donations.

MtgHouse6

MtgHouse5

MtgHouse4
Interior light fixture
MtgHouse3
Note the width of the floor boards.
window
The old glass really entertains me.
MtgHouse2
Simple benches.
MtgHouse1
The black square to the left if the fireplace.



3 comments:

p said...

i like that window the best...in the larger pic those round warpy parts look like eyes.
like your blurr photo in the other post too.

Shelley said...

Chelle, thanks for sharing these... they're better than any pictures I've taken of the interior of the Meetinghouse.

Fantastic Forrest said...

I like these photos very much. They make me miss the architecture of the east coast. Everything feels so new out here!

I'd like to invite you to visit my blog. It would be great if you could comment on today's post. Thanks!