Sunday, July 05, 2009

The Garden

July 7 Update: S sent me the names of the flowers I didn't know. They're appended below.

We had dinner with our friends B and S tonight. Among their many talents, B and S are incredibly good gardeners. Their yard is always a treat. And coupled with our first sunny day in forever the opportunity to sit amongst the luxurious greenary was one not to be missed. I took my camera along and now you can share some of the beauty as well. Click on the pictures to see them larger.

And by the way we had a lovely evening with our friends.

clivia
Clivia - this sits at the edge of their yard offering a splash of color to the dark greens of this shady spot.

purple
I don't know the name of this one, which sits at the edge of the driveway.
Update: Nicotiana

white and purple
I found this little one hiding under a bush in the front.

daylily
Day lily.

roses and primrose
Pink roses and yellow primrose.

frond
A delicate pink-purple frond.
Update: Astilbe

purple2
Purple blooms.
Update: Angelonia

spikes
This spiky red flower was a bit past its prime.
Update: Bee Balm (Monardia)

frog prince
A bit of garden whimsy.

reflection
B reflected in Amy's sunglasses.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I love how pinks and yellows in a yard just make everything look so cheerful.