Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Melancholy Excitement

Forester1
We bought this car in early 2000, when we finally decided that we needed to become a two-car family. It was the first car we bought with the help of our dear friend Robert, who runs a car buying service (he does all the negotiation for a small fee).

Late this summer I took it in to the shop to have the air conditioning fixed. While it was there the service guys (who I really trust) determined that the car needed several major fixes. Since these weren't life threatening I decided to ponder whether to fix the car or replace it. This was a tough decision because I really love this car. After consulting with Robert, I decided it was time to replace it.

Test drives were made and two weeks ago I picked up my new car. It's a new Subaru Forester. I don't love it as much as the old one, but it's a very nice car.

car
The new car has:

wipers
heated wipers

radio
radio controls on the steering wheel

speed
cool blue speedometer

Sunroof
moon roof
(this is looking out the moon roof at the edge of our yard)

door Handle
chrome door handles
And best of all the new car comes with peace of mind, but I still miss my old car.

No comments: