Monday, September 26, 2005

Lake Cochituate

After spending several days in Newport, RI - at the Northeast Lawson Users Group meeting I returned home with several hours of daylight left and decided to make a quick trip to Lake Cochituate. The park itself was closed but the boat launch was open. It's a launch designed for power boats - lots of concrete and docks which sit high above the water. This meant entering the kayak from from the "beach" which in this case was lined with rocks. My first attempt was unsuccessful and I ended up with a scraped and bruised elbow as a result. The second attempt was much smoother and I headed out. I travelled south toward Route 9 exploring the eastern shore. There were several power boats out and the water was a bit choppy. I also explored the small pond just under route 30 - a much calmer body of water.

No comments: