Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Vacation at Rainbow Lake


Once again we spent 2 wonderful weeks in Owl Cabin. My favorite part of vacation is the lake. After unpacking my first order of business was a swim. Despite sleeping late the first morning (and being awakened by Amy asking me how she would know it was time to get up if I didn't go swim) the lake was calm and quiet when I headed out. It was so quiet in fact that at one point my eyes were drawn upward by the sound of flapping wings as a heron crossed over the lake.

Much of vacation was spent on or in the water. In addition to my morning swims (not all as quiet as the first thanks to construction on one of the houses in the cove), I spent quite a bit of time out kayaking. I have discovered a new addiction, but more about that later.

No comments: