Stacy at sassafras mama tagged me for this.
1) What was I doing ten years ago.
Settling into permanent employment at the company I still work for.
2)Five years ago:
Recovering from major surgery after my second bout with cancer. (All is well now.)
3) One year ago:
I haven't the faintest idea. Although it was probably pretty close to today - working at the same job, loving the same wonderful woman, thinking about where to take my boat this weekend.
Working on my second softball bat. I've never used a lathe until this summer. It's been fun working on this new skill. I'll be posting pictures and a few details on my woodworking blog sometime soon.
5) 5 snacks I enjoy:
Chocolate, cookies, almost any kind of cake, crackers, good and plentys.
6) 5 Things I would do if I suddenly had $100 million:
Buy land in the Adirondacks.
Buy a full shop of woodworking tools.
Take my wife wherever she wants to go - Australia, Hawaii, Europe, Banff and a few places I want to go - the Galapagos, and most of the above.
Move my grandmother into a retirement home near Boston, to give my mother a break.
Give a bunch to charity and invest the rest.
7) 5 location I would like to run away to:
Hawaii, Australia, the Galapagos, Europe, and the Adirondacks where we'd stay.
8) 5 bad habits I have: worrying - if there was an olympics for worrying I would definitely be a contender, spending too much time thinking about "what if", not exercising enough, watching too much tv, being okay with clutter
9) 5 things I like doing:
woodworking, swimming, kayaking, spending time with my wife, spending time with my family
10) 5 TV shows I like: NCIS, Criminal Minds, Numb3rs, MythBusters, the Amazing Race (my truly guilty pleasure)
11) 5 things I hate doing: small talk, cleaning the bathroom, washing dishes, driving in rush hour traffic, listening to ineffectual parents (I always want to step in with suggestions but you just never know what the reaction would be so I don't.)
12) 5 Biggest joys of the moment: fall, our new mattress, the new medicine my doctor prescribed yesterday which seems to be helping with the sinus pain, being at the start of a long weekend, my health and the health of my family.
Tagging: Stacy tagged everyone I would have tagged. If you need fodder for your blog consider yourself tagged.